Goody GirlsFashionBeauty BubbleHot TamalesJunk FoodTake Out

Tuesday

Beauty Bubble: 7 Deadly Sins

So I was on TotalBeauty.com and came across this article "7 Deadly Skin Sins" Healthy skin is very important. No one wants to look older than what they really are and how well you take care of your skin can sometimes determine your age. I love when Essence covers the women who are like 70 and look 50!!! That is my inspiration and if you read their stories its all about how you take care of your skin. So here are the 7 Deadly Skin Sins...please do not commit any!
#1 Thou Shalt Not: SMOKE!!!! POINT BLANK PERIOD!! Yes you know that smoking causes lung cancer and heart problems. Also it stains your teeth and makes your breath smell like a tobacco shop, but it also prevents your skin from getting the oxygen it needs to rejuvenate. It speeds up the wrinkling process and smoking makes your skin lose its luster causing it to look dry and dull.
PLEASE QUITE SMOKING IF NOT FOR YOUR HEART AND LUNGS AT LEAST FOR YOUR BEAUTY!
#2 Thou Shalt Not: Use a tanning bed. 10 minutes in a tanning bed equals one day of unprotected sun exposure. Try bronzers to get the summer golden glow.
#3 Thou Shalt Not: Get unprotected skin exposure. Even if you have a darker complexion, you are still prone to sun poisioning and skin cancer. You should wear sunblock at least SPF 30 on a daily basis, applying it to the areas that will be exposed to the sun. This rule applies all year round, not just in the summer. The sun rays are deadly especially with the depletion of the ozone layer which leaves us lest protected. Reapply the sunblock every two-hours depending on how often you are exposed to the sun. This will prevent premature aging.
#4 Thou Shalt Not: Wear Makeup to bed!! I don't care what you see in the movies or in videos (chicks waking up with a face full of makeup) please take the time to remove ALL of the makeup from your face. At night your skin needs to rejuvenate and this cannot happen with your pores clogged with foundation, eye shadow, concealer, blush, etc. Your skin needs oxgyen and when you sleep with makeup on you are suffocating your skin. If you do not wash your face at night you are more prone to get more breakouts.
#5 Thou Shalt Not: Avoid the dermatologist. The dermatologist is not just for people with acne or other skin problems. The dermatologist can help those with clear skin maintain that appearance by providing various skin regimens and also detecting things like skin cancer.
#6 Thou Shalt Not: STRESS!!! I have a problem with this! Every year from September to about mid October I suffer from breakouts. The beginning of the school year always makes me a nervous wreck. I realized that what I was stressing over wasn't worth it and I was making myself sick. I quickly "let it go and let God" and once I regained my composure my face cleared up. I won't let this happen this year. Its nerve-wrecking!

When your body is stressed, it pours out a stress hormone called cortisol," says Bank. This causes a multitude of things. "It robs the skin of its blood supply and can elevate blood sugar, which can cause cells to function abnormally," says Bank. It can also affect acne oil glands. So bottom line, when you stress out your skin may be more prone to breakouts and is likely to look dull and sallow.
#7 Thou Shalt Not: Skip Sleep!!!-no one looks great with 50lb bags under their eyes! Get the recommended amount of sleep 7-8hrs every night and you will look and feel refreshed. If you only average about 5hrs of sleep...like me...I take naps during the day. My friends laugh but it helps.

No comments: