Goody GirlsFashionBeauty BubbleHot TamalesJunk FoodTake Out

Saturday

When It's All Gone...

WOW That's all I can say. Cassie would be the last person that I would suspect to do something so drastic! She is a beautiful woman and in the music industry looks are EVERYTHING. This definitely gives her the EDGINESS she needs in this competitive industry. When I first saw the picture I was like "Ok she's nuts! Diddy is going to kill her" lol but within the last 24hrs it has grown on me. I think every person needs to switch up their style once in a while. Do something unexpected, whether it's a hair cut or color change or entire makeover, spontaneity is needed. Most of my friends will tell you that I am emotionally attached to my hair. I cut my hair into a bob (by circumstance not by choice) in 2005 and I was devastated! It grew back of course and I've been wanting to cut it again and color it for a while now, but I am too afraid. I don't know what it is about my hair, but I don't want to let it go...
Via Cassie's Twitter Page
Sometimes in life, you need a change. Something deeper than what you thought you were capable of. Something that displays the “I don’t give a f*ck” attitude that was always present but never showcased. Something that makes you look at this whole wide world differently. And something that will shock your mother, but will make her call you a ROCKSTAR.
Yea I did it…
She definitely has the ROCKSTAR look, now she just needs the attitude. Her message from her twitter page is exactly how I feel. One of my co-workers said I scare him because being where I'm from (The Hood) and all of the things I have accomplished, doesn't match my attitude. He said that I was too much of a "Good Girl" and I need that Brownsville attitude to compliment that side of me, but clearly I am sooooo not a HOOD RAT and I'm not going to act like I have "Hood Rattedness" in me lol {I AM NOT SAYING THAT ALL GIRLS FROM BROWNSVILLE ARE HOOD RATS, BUT THAT IS THE ATTITUDE THIS GENTLEMAN WAS REFERRING TOO}. I'm not going to do anything as drastic as Cassie like shave off one side of my head, they would look at me at work like I was a nut!
I think it is time for a change...
One of my favorite artist, Kelis, is the originator of this Edgy look which she did back in 2007.






~Nique

No comments: